I’m proud to announce that the APSU Gay-Straight Alliance has offered to host our next Conversation over Coffee event. Big thanks to you guys!Click Here to Complete the Anonymous Survey!
This FREE event will focus specifically on finding ways to build a stronger community for the LGBT population in the Clarksville, TN area. To that end, we have invited advocacy groups and gay-welcoming churches to give short presentations so that we can learn more about their services and goals to benefit the LGBT community.
Everyone is invited, and we will be focusing on building up and supporting the LGBT community in the Clarksville area. If you’re not LGBT or an ally, this event is probably not for you. Thank you for your understanding.
Each panelist will be give a 5-7 minute presentation on their group, followed by an open panel discussion that will focus on the following general topics and questions:
- What resources are available for LGBT people locally?
- How can we build a stronger sense of community?
- What kind of groups are available for LGBTs and Allies?
- Are there any local LGBT-welcoming/affirming churches?
- Is a local gay bar necessary to build the LGBT community?
- Can the area support an LGBT community center?
Confirmed presenters/panelists include:
- Opening Presentation by David W. Shelton
- Rev. Charles Martin, Pastor, Fellowship United Methodist Church
- Rev. Jodi McCullough, Director and Campus Minister, The Wesley Foundation at APSU
- Jim Fitch, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Clarksville
- Chris Sanders, Tennessee Equality Project
- Kathy Halbooks, PFLAG Nashville
- Jim Johnson, Nashville CARES (Clarksville Office)
- Rev. Dorothy Hartzog, Associate Rector, Trinity Episcopal Church
- And More!
We’ll be adding confirmed speakers and panelists as the weeks go on, so please come back this page often!
Planning on going? Tell us by joining the Conversation Over Coffee Facebook Event!
If you have questions, please use the contact page and I’ll be glad to help.
See you at the Conversation!