The Best of Skipping to the Piccolo
With hundreds of posts in Skipping to the Piccolo — a few have risen to the top as either personal favorites of the author or by merit of traffic. Either way, I’m sure you’ll enjoy all of these posts, so please read and share with your friends!
- Homosexuality is Not a Sin.
- What They Really Mean When They Demand “Neutrality” in the Culture War
- You just don’t like gay people.
- Anti-gay marriage talking points and the facts that debunk them
- The Tyranny of the Majority
- Star Wars: It will be a day long remembered…
- Can Democrats sell themselves?
- What’s Normal?
- The Subtlety of Prejudice
- Just What are we “Protecting?”
- The Gayest Generation
- Confessions of a Lego Maniac
- My God, I’m an Activist!
- Education, Legislation, & Excellence
- The Cause for a Clause
- United Against Hate – How the LGBT community and local Army wives stood against an onslaught of hate — when Westboro Baptist “Church” came to town. I’m proud that this piece was previously published on Advocate.com.
- What’s that Sound? My parents learned that I had an acute hearing loss when I was a small child — but the opportunity for discovery had just begun…
- Skipping to the Piccolo – the Beginning – What does “skipping to the piccolo” mean? Find out about this and learn just what it is that spawned this blog…
The Early Days
- Trapped in a broken mirror: Reconciling gay Christians with the Church – an exploration of the basic struggles of every gay Christian – that eventually led me into the research and study that allowed me to break from from the shackles of religious condemnation and into the freedom of life in Christ
- Breaking down the arguments against gay marriage – my very first published article; presented as a guest commentary in The Leaf-Chronicle, the daily newspaper in Clarksville, Tennessee. I consider this my public “coming out” moment — and into life as a gay Christian activist.
Special Blog Series
Sometimes topics are too big for one post. These special series were written with the mind of covering deeper topics.
The Rainbow Kingdom: Christianity & Sexuality
- Part 1: Can a person be gay and a Christian?
- Part 2: Exploring Romans 1:26-27
- Part 3: What was Sodom & Gomorrah all about?
- Part 4: All those abominations! Leviticus uncovered
- Part 5: 1 Corinthians 6:9-10…who inherits the Kingdom?
- Part 6: David & Jonathan
- Part 7: Other Biblical stories of note
- Part 8: How then shall we live?
Are You Sure?
Escaping the Desert of Fundamentalism
- Escape from the Desert of Fundamentalism: The Beginning
- Escape from the Desert of Fundamentalism part 2: The Inspiration of the Bible
- Escape from the Desert of Fundamentalism Part 3: A Bad Rap
- Escape from the Desert of Fundamentalism Part 4: The World and the Culture War
The Rainbow Kingdom: Steps to Reconciliation
- Faith, Hope, and Love: Our Great Hope of Reconciliation
- Steps to Reconciliation: A Message to Our Christian Brethren
- Steps to Reconciliation: Gay Christians Have a Calling
- Steps to Reconciliation: Not All Christians Are Like that!
- Steps to Reconciliation: Understanding the Goal
- Steps to Reconciliation: Empowered by Grace